Scheduling Software Success Story: Massage & Day Spa
Genbook is trusted by thousands of local merchants to schedule clients online, promote their reputation, and grow their business. Here is one of our favorite success stories from one of our earliest users.
In today’s tough economy, finding new customers and generating new appointments is critical to the success of any small local merchant. Not capturing this business on a daily basis – no matter how small it may seem – can make a significant difference in revenue over the course of a year.
Soothe Spa, a boutique massage and day spa in San Francisco, was taking appointments by phone since it opened in 2006. Owner London Elise was obsessively checking her voicemail and spending a great deal of her day playing phone tag with clients, trying to book appointments and keep her schedule full. As a new day spa, she had a database of approximately 100 customers and only one additional staff member.
In 2008, London decided that she needed an online scheduler to help establish a more effective appoinment booking system for managing and growing her business. She signed up for Genbook, a fully-featured online appointment scheduling software and small business marketing solution. In about 15 minutes, she created and configured her Genbook account by inputting her business details, hours of operation and scheduling preferences, and then added herself and a second employee as service providers. She also added a “BookNow” button to the Soothe website that links to her unique Genbook Scheduling Webpage, where her customers can conveniently schedule appointments online in real-time 24x7 and receive instant confirmation.
- In the first year, Soothe Spa’s revenues increased by 400%.
- Since 2008, Soothe Spa has grown its customer database from 100 to 3,000 customers – all of whom, along with their appointment history, are listed in her Genbook account.
- 90% of Soothe’s clients schedule online. In fact, only two part-time staff are required to check voicemails and respond to phone calls.
- Genbook’s automated appointment reminder emails and credit card capture feature have all but eliminated customer no-shows.
- Soothe has grown from two to eight full-time staff members. At times, London hires up to 12 staff to handle customer demand.
Like what you have read? You can get started with a 30 Day Free Trial of Genbook.