Scheduling Software Success Story: Skin Care, Day Spa
Genbook is trusted by thousands of local merchants to schedule clients online, promote their reputation, and grow their business. And sometimes we help solve real world problems... like how to schedule a back waxing without your whole office overhearing.
We also love this story because Genbook helped a budding solopreneur start and then grew her new business.
Anna Augustsson owns the posh Mortal Man grooming spa for men located in the Chelsea area of New York City. She launched Mortal Man while she was simultaneously working full-time as an esthetician for another company. Her “system” for appointment scheduling was having potential customers leave requests and contact details as voicemails on her cell phone, which Anna could only return in between appointments or at night.
As her entrepreneurial venture began to thrive, she left her full-time job to concentrate solely on growing Mortal Man. However, Anna knew that she needed to swiftly solve the inefficiencies of her scheduling system or she would risk losing potential clients. Being a startup business, Anna was reluctant to hire a full-time receptionist, which would cost her at least a third of her revenues. Also, many of her customers forgot about or were no-shows for appointments because she could not capture credit card information, ensure accurate contact information, or send automated reminder emails.
Anna found her ideal scheduling software in Genbook. Genbook successfully satisfied the demands of her high-end, tech-savvy clientele who have limited time or interest in playing phone tag in order to book an appointment. With Genbook seamlessly integrated into her website, Anna could focus on what she does best: providing premium grooming services to her clients. She was finally free of the painfully tedious tasks of scheduling and rescheduling appointments by phone.
- Anna grew her clientele to 300 customers in the first year, allowing her to rent a larger space and grow her revenues.
- Mortal Man has received over thirty 4- and 5-star Genbook Verified Customer Reviews. Many customers comment on the ease of booking online.
- Anna’s clients are thrilled that they can schedule services in a more private way, not having to book embarrassing waxing appointments over the phone, especially when working in public spaces.
- Genbook's credit card capture feature and automated reminder emails have nearly eliminated appointment no-shows.
- As part of a new Genbook feature, Mortal Man’s Citysearch profile page includes her Genbook Customer Reviews and an “Appointments” button, linked to her Genbook scheduling page.
- Genbook enhances and elevates Mortal Man’s online presence and SEO, promoting her business across the web.
Like what you have read? You can get started with a 30 Day Free Trial of Genbook.